Below are some details about the house and nearby amenities:
24a Castle Road is a three-storey semi-detached modern house located in a secluded residential cul-de-sac in the heart of old Cowes, less than five minutes’ walk to the High Street and seafront. It is less than ten minutes walk to the Red Jet foot ferry to Southampton. All your dreams may come true with low wagering casino bonus. All the variety of modern gambling is waiting for you!
Sleeps up to eight people in four bedrooms.
- 1 double with en suite (top floor)
- 1 double (ground floor)
- 1 twin (ground floor)
- 1 single/twin (top floor – single bed with pull-out, please note floor space is limited when pull-out in use)
Bedding is provided.
Living space & kitchen
The living room, dining area and kitchen are all in one open-plan room on the first floor, reached by a staircase from the downstairs hallway. This room opens onto a large decked balcony overlooking the garden and Northwood Park. There’s also a private garden and yard.
see living space
Three bathrooms: a family bathroom on the ground floor; a shower room on the top floor; and an en suite bathroom off the upstairs double.
Bath towels (not beach towels) are provided.
A fully-equipped kitchen with cooker (electric oven, 4 gas hobs), fridge freezer, dishwasher, plus a separate laundry with washing machine, tumble dryer and ironing board. There is also ample drying space outside.
Basics such as tea, coffee, sugar, oil, condiments and spices are provided. The kitchen and laundry are also stocked with cleaning materials.
see kitchen & laundry
There are two private parking spaces in front of the house. If you are bringing more than two cars, there is a long-stay car park 5 minutes’ walk away, or free on-street parking around 10 minutes walk away (details can be supplied on booking). There are also free two-hour spots close by on Castle Road. Please do not park extra cars in the cul-de-sac as space is tight.
Children and babies are welcome, but please bear in mind that there are staircases which may be unsuitable for adventurous crawlers or toddlers.
The house is unfortunately unsuitable for wheelchair users or people with limited mobility since the living area is up a flight of stairs, and two of the bedrooms up two flights of stairs.
Sorry no pets.
Strictly no smoking throughout.
WiFi & mobile signal
Free wifi is available in the house. This area of Cowes usually receives a reasonably good mobile signal, but please check with your supplier.
- Red Jet foot ferry to Southampton – located on Cowes High Street, less than 10 mins walk
- Red Funnel vehicle ferry to Southampton – located in East Cowes, around 10 miles by road via Newport, or 20-30 mins via chain ferry from Cowes-East Cowes.
- Wightlink vehicle/foot ferry from Lymington – Yarmouth, around 30 mins drive to Yarmouth
- Wightlink vehicle/foot ferry from Portsmouth – Fishbourne, around 35 mins drive to Fishbourne
- Wightlink Fastcat foot ferry from Portsmouth – Ryde, around 45 mins drive to Ryde
Takeaways and catering
There are several takeaways in the High Street, some of whom deliver.
The High Street has a wide range of shops and amenities, including:
- Marks & Spencer food hall and Sainsburys
- many lovely independent shops, including butcher, fishmonger and delis
- sailing equipment and clothing shops
- a good hardware store (Hursts)
- Lloyds chemist with dispensing pharmacy
- dentist, vet and optician
- hairdressers, barbers and beauty salons
- pubs, restaurants and cafes
- Red Jet (foot ferry to Southampton)
- taxi ranks
- car and cycle hire
Local activities, suppliers and attractions
Below are some local sailing and diving course providers (please note this is for info only, not an endorsement of individual courses or providers).
The postcode is PO31 7QZ
It’s easiest to reach the house via Park Road – Ward Avenue – Baring Rd – Castle Rd route.
24a is in a small cul-de-sac on the uphill side of Castle Road.
- once in Cowes, go down Park Road (B3325), (one of the main roads into central Cowes).
- turn left into Ward Avenue and go all the way to end (T junction)
- turn right at the T junction into Baring Road
- go down Baring Road until the road starts to bend left
- take right hand turning into Castle Road
- go along Castle Road until you see Bars Hill turning down to your left – opposite that turning is the cul de sac (heading uphill) for 24a Castle Road. There is no road sign, but a small sign saying ‘no access to park’
- turn right into cul de sac (taking care as it is quite narrow) – 24a is the furthest house on the right at the end. Please park directly in front of the house (2 cars only).